Saturday, September 2, 2017

Welcome Back To School!


Dear Students and Parents,

    Welcome back to school!  I am so excited to embark on another school year with each of you.  The classrooms are all set up and our first week of activities are planned and ready to go.  I hope your summer was filled with rest and many blessings.  Our school theme this year is: Mercy.  We will come together as a school community to answer the call to mercy towards one another.
   
     This month's focal point for the school year will be "Listen without interrupting" (Proverbs 18). Encouraging students and model for community the importance of calming one’s spirit to hear and listen to others.

     A gentle reminder that the classrooms are peanut and tree nut free areas, so please do not send in snacks with the students that contain nuts.

    This blog will contain weekly updates regarding what the students are learning, pictures of different activities and projects, as well as resources for parents.  Please use the tabs for each of the subjects that I teach.  
   
    The middle school homework blog is updated every day and can be found here: http://sasmshomework.blogspot.com/

     Follow me on Twitter (@MrMillerSAS) to see photos from group projects, field trips, etc.

    I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend and I look forward to greeting the students on Tuesday, September 5th.

Thanks,
  Mr. Joseph Miller