Monday, August 29, 2016

A little about me...

It is my belief that students grow best in an academic environment that supports, challenges, and nurtures them to be lifelong learners.  I encourage students to think critically and to be aware of and develop their God-given talents. I believe that any achievement, academic or otherwise, is rooted in virtue.  I believe that learning and living the Catholic faith and participating in its liturgical and sacramental life is the center of the mission, life, daily activities and the family of Saint Augustine’s School. I also believe that the foundation received at Saint Augustine’s results in children who will implement responsible citizenship and who will be witnesses of faith to their community and ultimately the world.

As a returning teacher and member of the Saint Augustine family, I am eager and confident this will be a wonderful school year.  I have been a Middle School Science and Algebra teacher for the past 8 years.  I also worked as a behavioral specialist 2 years prior to teaching at a level 5 Special Education school.  I attended Mount Saint Joseph High School in Baltimore.  I received my degree in 2006 from Johns Hopkins University studying Biology and Psychology with a Minor in Spanish translations.  I am a certified teacher in both Physical Science as well as Middle School Math.  I am currently working on completing a Masters in STEM Education.  Besides teaching, I have served as the head coach for the summer swim team at Rollingwood Pool for the past 13 years as well as coaching Rollingwood’s adult Masters Team.